Monday, October 30, 2017

New Journey



I see my path that lies ahead,
But only see a bit of the way.
Fear would have me turn back instead 
To the road I traveled yesterday.

That road I know is tried true.
It’s twists and turns I do know quite well.
The tough terrain, I’ve made it through. 
Learned how to rise when I tripped and fell. 

This path unpaved is fresh and new,
And where it may lead, I do not know. 
Unsure if I can make it through,
I stand wondering if I should go.

Knowing progress is never won
Choosing the path I have walked before.
I breathe and pray God’s will be done.
Take one step, then two, then several more.  

Take courage, friend if you should find 
Yourself staring down an unknown way.
Don’t heed the fears that flood your mind. 
Just move with hope-new steps, new day. 
-KJ 10-30-2017








No comments:

Post a Comment